The Little Golf Trust is a registered non-profit organisation IT000758/2015(C), Public Benefit Organisation No. 930051388 and has been endorsed by the Honourable National Sports Minister Tokozile Xasa, the Parliamentary Sport and Recreational Council, the Honourable Patricia de Lille and the City of Cape Town.
- To educate and empower the previously disadvantaged, with emphasis on young women, using golf as a medium to teach the life skills golf demands: honesty, integrity, respect, co-operation, perseverance, concentration and self-motivation.
- To increase educational and employment opportunities for previously disadvantaged youth.
Long Term Goals
- To uplift entire communities providing a wide range of employment opportunities through education and certification aligned within the golf and related industries.
- To provide opportunities for corporate women to use golf as a platform for business.
- To ensure that all schools have the training and equipment to provide a physical education program as part of the curriculum.
- To operate a “Teach the Teacher” programme, identifying talented young women and providing them with further education along with their full PGA qualifications.
- To identify and mentor a young South African woman capable of playing at a high level on the world stage.
The Programme Begins with SNAG
SNAG (Starting New at Golf) is an innovative “First Touch” golf teaching product, designed to promote golf at a beginner level through complete development by providing highly enjoyable and easily accessible equipment.
Sally has endorsed SNAG as the best way to teach golf to beginners of all ages. SNAG can be found at all Little Golf Trust activities.
A huge thank you to our sponsors of the Little Golf Trust, without whose support this programme would not be a success. We are proud to announce what we are now in partnership with the LPGA Foundation.